Monday, August 01, 2005

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

But if you cheat sometimes, then you'll find, you get what you need...

Bush appointed Bolton as UN ambassador while the Senate was in recess. Further proof that in the adult world, if you live above the law, you get stuff done and if you follow the law, you can forget about it. But sometimes that whole "forget about it" part is important. Especially with appointments to the US Government.

Oh well, I don't think the UN is all that useful anyway. That's right, I, a "liberal" think that the UN could use a successor. It's an old, crippled, defamed organization. Time for it to pass on the torch. You know, like how King David, who turned out to be a pretty depraved man, passed the kingship on to Solomon, who brought about one of the greatest epochs in Jewish history. Maybe something like that could happen. A true "world government."

I can hope, can't I? I can hope.

No comments: