Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My Apologies

It seems that I jumped to an incorrect conclusion with the Bolton / Bush situation. And I'd like to retract my slightly vindictive and bitter statement.

I didn't know that this whole appointing someone during Congress' Recess was a common practice. Apparently it has happened many, many times with other presidents. And I, with my deeply entrenched dislike of President Bush, jumped on something that seemed "unprecedented" and "immoral" (my words) to bash him. And that was incorrect of me.

I don't know why I feel like I have to retract the statement. There's just something in me that says, "Hey, man, that's not cool. You can't put a brother down like that. It's not cool to put a brother down." Plus the fact that bitter vitriol from either the left or the right will not serve any good to this country.

Now, this doesn't mean that I approve of Mr. Bolton. I still very much feel that he's not the right man for the job. But if he's appointed by an age old method, by a popularly elected president, then I have no right to put down either he or Mr. Bush.

I know all my "liberal" friends are going to call me a sell-out (well, not really, I'm just exaggerating), but that's okay. I'm trying with all my might to become more well rounded. I'm even reading a hard right blog (powerlineblog.com) to get a more balanced diet of political news.

Don't worry, I'm still the idealistic hippie communist that you've all come to love. Although, I hope by this point you've realized those stereotypes are a litte -- wrong.

And this is just further proof that the world isn't black and white, nor even shades of gray. It's a full blown freakin' rainbow!

Namaste.

No comments: