Sunday, August 14, 2005

Band Camp

Yes, it's that time of the year again. Band camp!!! It starts tomorrow. And it most certainly doesn't end there.

This is the season of the year when you devote your heart and soul to something outside yourself. You give up your free time, your life, your joys, your vices, all to come together with fellow band members to make the awesomest marching band show ever.

And this year will most certainly be no different. Except for the fact that it's our classes last year.

Heh, I sound excited now. But I'm always excited before the season actually begins. Then, when I get into the actual bump and grind of it all, I remember what I don't like: the loss of free time, of my life, of my joys, of my vices. And then I get bitchy. But hope springs eternal, right? Maybe this year will be different. Maybe I'll find out what everyone who truly LOVES marching band finds. And then I'll become a true bando, instead of some half ass one that only does marching band because he's good at it.

Yeah, I can hope.

And the moral of the story: band season starts tomorrow, and it doesn't end there.

Namaste.

No comments: