Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wowzer

I don't know why, but over this summer, the tech world decided that it'd be cool to make all sorts of "killer apps" for the interweb. (If you're not a tech-geek [I used to be one prior to my interest in friendships / philosophy], that's an application that is really, really awesome).

I've been finding these things left and right, so I figure I'd share them with you. They really are amazing. And the best part is they're all FREE.

First, Google Earth. I haven't been able to get it to work on my comp, but mine is a real dinosaur. Like, seriously 6 years old or so. But from what I've seen, it's crazy awesome stuff. CRAZY. AWESOME.

Something I just found today: Google Desktop. This is crazy stuff. It not only indexes your computer, it also gives you a toolbar that allows you to look at recent news, blog postings, and pictures. Um, duh, yeah!

Another thing from Google: Google Talk. It's like AIM. I don't really know anything about it. But then again, I don't have anyone to talk to on it. So, if you want to try it out, IM (I don't know if that term still applies) me at DDarmon87. We'll test it ourselves!

And that's just some of the offerings from Google. There are many, many more where these came from.

And Yahoo's competing as best it can!

Check out the Yahoo Music Engine. It's like your own personal radio station. I mean, I remember in 10th grade when the Yahoo music videos were the best way to get music on the web. Now there's an application that essentially lets you hand pick artists in its Radio feature. And it's all free.

Also from Yahoo, check out their MyYahoo! feature. It's a great way to have everything you could want, no matter where you are. And it too is free.

No, I'm not paid to endorse these people. But this stuff just blows me away. Technology is making leaps and bounds in every direction, all the time.

Slight caveat. Some of this stuff goes on your computer. So, yeah, let's admit it, they're probably spying on you. But that doesn't really bother me. I don't see Big Brother becoming all that much of a problem anytime soon.

So, check out this stuff!

But don't worry, I'm all for living in the real world too! You know, the flesh and blood one. I promise. And I'll do it better than ever before!

It's funny, because the second part of my post on humanity is going to be on technology. And here I am, finding all this great free technology. Synchronicity is awesome!

PS - Was just informed about IMS by Kenny. Maybe that's what I have at times. :)

PPS - Last day of Band Camp for me ever tomorrow. Wowie. Crazy. Come see us at 8:15 PM at our field (read the High School parking lot). The show will be awesome!

1 comment:

Barx Atthemoon, Warden of Tunare said...

Want to see something scary?

I'd put the picture here, but IMG isn't allowed, so a link instead...