Friday, August 19, 2005

Marching Band, Season 4: Progress Report

In case any of you are interested in how the Chichester High School Marching Band is doing, I'll give you a brief summary of what we're up to.

Our show this year is called The Elements. It's based on the alchemical elements, though this is just my personal take on the theme. The "elements" of our show turn out to be one and the same as the elements from Dark Age Europe. We're playing On this Day the Earth Shall Ring (Earth), Into the Abyss (Water), The Perfect Storm (Wind), and Fire! (Fire).

And I must say, this is some of the best music I've played in High School Marching Band. It's symphonic! If any of you know my marching band preferences, that's it! We range the gammit from slow to fast, soft to loud, just like any good marching band show should.

And we've had band camp this week from Monday to Friday, 1 to 9 PM. It's been a really great time. We've finished the first song with drill and music. That means we only have three more "parts" to do. Yay for being ahead of schedule. With one more week to go next week.

This year is going to be it. I know, I'm not the one who ever wants to go to ACC's (this is all marching band terminology, don't fret if you don't get it), but I think we might make it this year. We're down in number, but we're up in spirit. It's weird how a smaller band feels more - close. Well, I guess that's not that weird.

Anwyway, you should all check us out sometime at a Chi football game. Or if you want to see us in our best form (because no matter what Mr. Shollenberger says, a half-time show at a football game is not a real performance), come see us at one of our competitions. I'll post more on that as the time approaches.

And look at me, acting like I'm the spokesperson for Chichester's marching band. God knows there are more qualified people than me to do that. But when the spirit moves you.

Namaste

No comments: