Saturday, April 01, 2006

What the Skype!

Hm, while reading the article from the previous post, I came across a little program called Skype. Skype basically lets you call anyone that also uses Skype for free, anywhere.

Brilliant. All you have to pay for is your internet connection, which you're going to use anyway. Then you can call anyone you know. It's like AIM, but with a phone.

Mm. I don't talk all that much on the phone, but if I did, this would be a breakthrough.

Maybe it'll be useful to some of you out there.

I <3 technology (when used for good).

Namaste.

1 comment:

Barx Atthemoon, Warden of Tunare said...

Yep theres all kindsa wonderful things like that.

Skype is a VoIP program -- something The Man doesn't want, and is trying to legislate.

Another useful program that I know of is Teamspeak -- one person can set up a server, and then anyone with the IP & password can talk on it -- kinda like Teleconferencing.
--
The word of the day is ldrwknb.