Wednesday, April 12, 2006

V for Very Very Good

By the title, I'm sure you can guess that I saw V for Vendetta tonight. If you haven't seen it, go out and see it. Or maybe wait to see it on DVD. Or download it on Limewire and watch it. Just see it, trust me.

I must say, I was amazed by the movie. As I commented to Dave while we were leaving, it made me feel like "having a revolution." Now that I've read even more on the backstory of V for Vendetta, the graphic novel, I'm even more impressed by both the message of V and the film adaption.

I realize that the Orwellian world of V isn't anywhere near what "real" life is like. V's message still stands clear. "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people." We, the people that make up our government, can stand to be reminded of that.

If you see the movie, try to find how many references you can find to the number five or the letter "v." You'll be pleasantly suprised!

1 comment:

~C4Chaos said...

nice. there are also a couple of references to Wilber's integral theory. but i stick to my own opinion of the film: there are no such things as happy endings ;)