Monday, April 24, 2006

An Humorous Overview of My Model UN Notes

I have a copious amount of notes from my committee at Model UN from today (mainly to keep me entertained). Some of them are amusing (to me at least). Some general information before the fun. My committee was titled "Access to Medication." My country was Namibia (so that's where Namibia is!).

Now I'm going to list some of my thoughts at Model UN as well as an brief explanation (when necessary).

"Intellectual Property" - WTF is that? (This was after one of the countries, Belgium probably, mentioned that we have to keep patents protected on drugs NO MATTER WHAT, even at the unnecessary cost of human lives, citing the necessity to protect intellectual property.)

This depends on the citizens of the world giving a flying fuck (I don't really know where that one came from. I think it had to do with when Belgium asked other countries to offer aid to developing countries.)

US always bitches about having to do things. VICTIM COMPLEX. (This was after the US delegate complained that the US was unprepared to offer more aid unless others offered it too.)

How to solve the majority of the worlds PHYSICAL problems? Make everyone rich! (My, well, it's more of a general free market idea, genius idea of how to solve the worlds problems.)

Model UN = Joke. It's all just talk. Talk, talk, talk. (After realizing how useless all this talking is, whether because we're modelling an actual situation that needs mending or because the real UN won't ever act on this.)

People actually take this SHIT seriously - talking doesn't solve SHIT. (A further realization after the Chair pretended like what we were doing had any sort of significance.)

UK is trying to bitch slap the US. Oh shit!! (I don't know what happened here, but I apparently found it worthy of writing down.)

Peace + Peacefulness = Fluffy-duffy poo poo. (One of my personal favorites. I wrote this gem after the Chair claimed the goal of the UN is to promote peace through parliamentary procedure. Jesus Chirst, get something done if you have to throw a chair to do it!)

Fun stuff. Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol... good job Dave.

Yeah... some people do care about model UN... that's why they do it... not so they can get out of school, lol, jk.

Well, glad you had fun, see you tomorrow