Monday, April 17, 2006

3-2-1 and Self-Visualization

I want to get this out on the blogosphere just as some sort of seed. I really would like to expand upon this later, but for now I think sleep, and my sanity, might be more important.

Anyway, let me start out by explaining a general outline of what the 3-2-1 Process is. This is something devised (as far as I know) by people working at the Integral Institute. The general idea is to take something from the third person, to the second person, and finally bring it to the first person. For example, if you're feeling anger, you would first objectify it, then speak to it, then finally become it. It's a very interesting process. I have only just begun to dabble with it.

In general, the 3-2-1 process is used for dealing with shadows (those elements of ourselves that we do not (want to) recognize). But I recently had an interesting idea about how to use this process as a way to grow via visualization. As you all know, I've made "you have to see it to be it" my new mantra of the moment. However, I noticed something when I tried to "3-2-1" this process. As I try to shift through the different perspectives, I find myself easily doing third person (ie I can see myself), easily doing second person (ie I can talk to myself), but I have a very hard time doing first person (ie I can't be in myself).

I was just curious as to how other people visualize themselves when they remember / imagine situations. Do you see yourself in the first person or the third person? I am very interested to find out if my proclivity towards seeing myself from the third person is the norm or not. Please leave a response if you feel so inclined.

Once again, I want to get more in depth in this, but for now, I'm going to read biology and then go to bed.

Thank you.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nah... I see myself in third person. Unless my thoughts were similar to what they are at the current moment of thinking.