Thursday, April 13, 2006

Turbo Meditation

So, I've taken a step down the rabbit hole (or maybe a corporate black hole) and requested demo meditation CDs from Centerpointe. I had a mini-struggle over this last night after I serendipitously came across Centerpointe's site after thinking about it for a good two days. My thoughts were something like, "Isn't using these CDs cheating my way into deeper levels of meditation? Plus, dude, it costs tons of money!" Then the risk/reward part of my mind kicked into gear and I thought, "What is there to lose from a free trial? And besides, I don't see you writing with rocks and sand, Mr. Luddite."

My gut feeling finally won the day. Who knows, maybe this will "safely and effortlessly take [me] to states of profoundly deep (and extremely pleasurable) meditation." As long as it doesn't screw my five months of unaided efforts. I'm always a little suspicious about things that promise "effortless" meditation.

Namaste.

Why the heck does Centerpointe have a sister site called Magical Mind Enterprises?! Interesting...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

C'mon Dave, if that hot girl can meditate with it, so can you... money well spend, my friend. Plus, it's always fun to make fun of things that don't work; especially if you made them, or if they're really boastful about it.