Saturday, July 16, 2005

Weirdest Dream

I had the weirdest dream last night. So, I was a senior and it was right before graduation (like, I'm talking about a day before). I hadn't thought at all about the speech that I would (most likely) be giving at Graduation. I was all bent out of shape about it, and really worried that it wouldn't be up to par. I ended up reading something from a magazine and copying the idea for my speech.

I'm amazed at how much I must think this speech is worth. I mean, I must think that this speech will have some sort of great impact on my class. But I doubt that it will. No one will listen to it. I mean, Joe Klems, one of my brother's friends, told him a week after their graduation, "Yeah, I didn't listen to your speech. I was too excited about graduating."

And it's so true. On the day of graduation, people aren't going to want "words of wisdom" from some fellow student that barely got out of High School alive. But I guess that takes the pressure off of me. No worries.

So what? Nobody's going to be "listening in rapture." No big deal. Say what you want to say, nothing more, nothing less.

Crazy dreams. They make you think about all these crazy things.

No comments: