Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Uh Oh (Dave, you might not want to read this...)

Today we learned that math is based sets, which are poorly defined. Guess what that means? That math is pretty much like philosophy where we kinda sorta know what we're talking about, but we can't really. Although, admittedly, Dave came up with this a while ago. But now we all know it for sure: math isn't certain.

That's a little bit of a drag. I mean, the one constant that I thought I had in my life was math, and now I know it's not. Oh well, I guess that gels well with the Buddhist idea that nothing is permanent / constant except for "emptiness" (You don't want me to go into metaphysical theory now, do you? Just go with me.).

Today's classes were fun! Physics was stuff I'd already learned about Special Relativity, and Math was just extremely funny. Wait until Ed and I get back and tell everyone that Calculus is the easy stuff. Aw man. And Mr. Cole, teach us the Euclidean Algorithim!!!

That's all for now. I hope everyone had a great, awesometastic 4th of July. And happy anniversary of my first baseball game!!! Go Blue Rocks!!! Ah, the memories. Gotta love it when they make it to the 11th inning! "That means you get more baseball for your buck!" Yes, yes it does.

That's all folks. Go learn some math so you can pretend it's real when it isn't.
:-()

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psh... yeah... calc is easy. That is until you get to applications. Learning the ropes is easy. Now tell me the value and direction of the resultant vector of a vector with a magnitude of 40N that rotates 90 degrees in 5 seconds.
Integral calculus... yeah, you let me know if you have the answer. lol. [I'm sure you could probably get it if you tried hard enough, but you will find that it's most likely not just a walk in the park. It does actually require thinking]. Alright, ttyl Dave