Thursday, July 21, 2005

Stuff (And Goodbyes)

Yep, not really much to say today. I mean, there's never really anything for me to say, but today it's even more apparent than usual.

Funny moment of today:

We had our last Discrete Math Core Class today. So, about seven guys sit in the front row, each with a 24oz bottle of soda in hand. Then, just as Dr. Mackey is about to start, they open all the bottles. Now, you'd find this funny if you realize that Dr. Mackey drinks out of a 24oz bottle of Diet Coke every day in class (aspartame, the horror!). But one of the kids bottles must have been shaken, because it exploded (you know, soda explosion). So, Dr. Mackey says, "amateurs! We call that premature carbonation!" Hilariously funny!

Dr. Mackey left us by saying, "I'm not really good with mushy good-byes. So - aloha," and then he stepped out the door. Wow, goodbyes. I don't know why, but it made me think of graduating from High School and saying goodbye to everyone. But I like the idea of aloha. Because it means hello and goodbye, depending on the context. And that has a deeper meaning for me. So maybe in my valedictory speech, I can say, "Aloha!" to everyone. Yeah, I think that would work.

Speaking of valedictory speeches, here at Gov School one girl and one guy get to give one. Now, there aren't any grades here, so it's not based on "rank" or anything. But nevertheless, we got to choose who we wanted. I voted for a kid named Chase Kramer. You see, we were supposed to choose someone "who exemplifies the governor's school program." Now, Chase doesn't quite do that. What he does do is sleep in class, everyday, all day. And that's why it'd be so ironic / funny. And I love irony.

Wow, I came up with a lot more to talk about today than I thought I would. Impressive.

Anyway, I've got to get to learning about Wet Dark Energy and whatnot. Fun stuff. You see, nobody in my Team Project really knows what we're doing. So, we just run around like chickens with our heads cut off. But it works.

That's all for now. Aloha (or ciao, which apparently has the same dual meaning).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you know what's funny? Now that you're coming home, I'm going away for a week! Haha, yeah... We'll have to do something when we get all not away from here. Or whatever, if that sentence made sense.