Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Meehhrr!

I want to come home so badly. Not so much because of homesickness (that passed after the first week), but rather because I want to get started on so many things and hang out with my friends. Yeah, it's cool here: lots of freedom, the classes are (mostly) fun, and I get free food (wait, I get that at home!). Other than that, this place doesn't have much going for it. Home!

Anyway, Organic Chemistry is kind of fun when you get to Synthesis Reactions. There's some odd thrill in making a molecule from scratch. Don't think I want to go into it, but it's still fun.

We found out why Mackey was so mad! He's worried about America's future (mathematically speaking). Since we're supposedly the best and the brightest of math/science types in the state, when we sleep and slack off he worries. Why? Because he says other countries don't like us anymore, so we won't be able to import foreign intelligencia anymore. You think Indian's want to come to MIT? Nope. They have IIT, and it's better.

So, that's why he got so upset with us. I guess it's okay. He feels pressured to make us into super hard-working math-bots. Which is cool. Just not for me.

What's for me? I don't know. Yesterday I decided I might like nanotechnology for a career. Just kind of out of the blue. But at least it's an idea.

Last day of Astrophysics today. Gracias a Dios!

Have fun with your summer. Man, this summer feels so - not real. It just feels like an extension of school. Very weird. It's July 20th already.

No comments: