Saturday, July 16, 2005

TOO much THINKING

Have you ever felt like you've just been thinking too long? As a good song goes, "it makes me thirsty, this salt I'm drinking / My head is bursting but I won't stop thinking." It's so true.

But it just seems to be in my nature to push my brain far past it should go. With everything (well, mostly everything). Science, math, philosophy, religion, politics, personal relationships, etc. I just won't let a situation lie as it is.

And this is one of my biggest "flaws." I put it in parentheses not because I'm downplaying it, but rather because I don't like the word flaw. It's a characteristic I have that doesn't work for me. Not a "flaw," just something. And I suppose that's a start on the way to acceptance.

Anyway, back to the flaw. I have this thing against accepting what's here and now. I want to think about it, rap my little brain around it, understand it, and then change it. Heaven forbid I let something be how it is for a bit.

Zen. Wherever you go, there you are. Stop thinking every once in a while. It's a duality that's non-dual. Thinking or not thinking. Neither or both. Relax into the mystery.

Sorry for this really esoteric post. It's just one of the things swirling around in my head right now. Whether things should be left as is or changed. I suppose it depends. Heh. When doesn't it.

Ah, the family was here today. It was nice. I love my family. They're all so... lively! It's refreshing. And all really great people. But I'm a little biased. :)

Enjoy the summer. And when you start to think too much, just put on some good (non-thought provoking music), sit back, pull out some we... I mean... and chill!

No comments: