Monday, July 25, 2005

Limbo

(And no, I'm not talking about that awesome party game...)

While here, I've come accross a strange sort of phenomena: times that aren't quite one thing, but aren't quite another either. You know, times that aren't long enough to get anything useful done, but aren't short enough to just breeze by. Or times when you know you could be doing something, but you can't find anything to do.

E.G. When it's time between classes here, but it's only 10 minutes. There isn't much to do, but it's also not like at Chi where time between classes is short (4 minutes) and therefore the time passes quickly. Or this period in general. Governor's school is essentially over, but haven't left. I don't really have anything left to do here, but I also can't return home to get stuff done there.

I'm sure there is a good use for these "limbo" or "in-between" times. For the time between classes, I suppose mindfulness meditation or something of that sort would be useful. If there's nothing to do, why not just be, right? And for this time now between Gov School and the rest of my summer, I suppose I can just try to enjoy the people, the school, the food (that one'll be a toughy) and the experience as much as I can. Because in a week, it'll all just be a whispy memory.

I'm glad I got that out of the way. On a less serious / contemplative note, Team Project Hell Week has officially started. Although, unlike Ed's team that had to get up and be ready by 7:30, we didn't start until 10.

And I still want to be home.

Public Service Announcement: Mr. Orlando requests that anyone that wishes for him to write a letter of recommendation for college ask him now, so that he may finish them all before school starts. You can contact him at korlando@chichestersd.org. Spread the word.

No comments: