Saturday, July 01, 2006

Voltage and Free Music

I found this really cool music store, eMusic. It's a subscription based store that works by giving you 20 downloads per month for a fee of $9.99. You can work that out in your head. That's right, 50 cents per song. 50 Cent would be pleased!

The only minor catch is that the site offers mainly indie songs. Now, it carries indie rock, new age, electronic, country, and rap. Not too shabby.

The even better part is that it offers you 20 free songs just for trying the service for free for two weeks. Uh, suweet. I got me some new age music (an album called Buddha Nature) and plan on downloading the new album by Dashboard Confessional and some Moby. I mean, it's free music. Take it!!! And if you like the service, keep on. If not, dump it.

That's my act of kindness for today. I hope you take advantage and enjoy your free music.

Now to the voltage part of my story. You see, our cable modem and wireless router have been acting up as of late, so I tried to fix them by unplugging. That's supposed to reset them. Long story short, I switched the plugs when plugging them back in (they're damn near identical) and they have different voltages. You know what that means? It means I fried the one that had the lower voltage (that being the router). So, no wireless for me until I buy a new router. How am I posting this now, you ask? I'm pirating wireless off of someone in the neighborhood right now. I'm a rebel!

And it turns out that both the modem and the router have nifty little "reset" buttons on the back that you activate via a paper clip. Go figure.

So, the lesson here is don't unplug more than one electronic device with a similar cord at a time. Or pay careful attention if you do. Unless you want to shell out 40 bucks for a new router.

No comments: