Thursday, December 29, 2005

Some More Good Poetry

Well, it's midnight, and I just gosh darn don't feel like going to sleep. And since it's break, I won't. :)

Looking through the website of my TA from Governor School, Dave Pickett, I came across some truly stunning poetry. His site is here, and the poem I like the best out of the one's I've read is this one.

It amazes me to think that he's only 3 years older than me. The span of time between my brother and I. And yet he seems to know so much more, to be so much more real, so much more authentic. Maybe it's because he's experienced so much more. I know a lot can happen in a year. Imagine in 3.

I just thought I'd share. I've been finding beauty in the most unlikely places this past year. For me, for some reason, it's often the twisted, uncomfortable, less than pleasant things that seem the most beautiful. Bright Eyes, Thumbsucker, Dave's poetry. It all just speaks to me.

But at the same time, I can't forget that I'm attracted to these types because of the love that they emanate. Even if it's broken love, they shine on.

And love has no opposite.

Beautiful.

No comments: