Sunday, December 18, 2005

Majority Politics

Well, actually, this post won't have anything to do with majority politics per se. It's about a little trip home that my mom and I took in which we got screwed over by the Man. Trying to pull onto Cherry Tree Road from that little side street that comes off of the Conchester, this small, angry man in a orange jacket told us rather bluntly that this was not an option. Well, more like demanded that we didn't in a voice reminiscent of all the angry old men in the world combined. "NO! GO THAT WAY! GO THAT WAY!"

Anyway, the reason he wouldn't let us through is because there was an accident on the Conchester near Cherry Tree road, and all the through traffic of the Conchester was being redirected through that little side street. Therefore, our desire to turn left and go home, on Cherry Tree Road, would have inconvienced all the Conchester drivers that would have had to stop to let us through.

In other words, the minority got screwed over because of the majority. I understand that this was the best way to keep the traffic moving. But still, the guy (read little gremlin creature) could have been a tad more... personable. Maybe it's just the liberal, non-conformist, stick-it-to-the-man attitude in me, but he pissed me off. Not so much that I'm still pissed off 10 minutes later. Just enough that I thought it worthy of a humorous post.

And now, I'll close my eyes, take a deep breath, and let all the negativity out.

Om. Mani. Padme. Hung.

Okay, I'm good now. :)

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, scary old people.

Sorry about the redirection. And society works for the majority. Otherwise, it would work for no-one. Consider that one.