Saturday, December 17, 2005

Passion

Well, since passion seems to be the topic of choice over at Dave's site, why not talk about it? Well, I was actually going to talk about it anyway, but now it just seems all the more appropriate.

I went to see Rent tonight, and it was amazing. Why? Because of the PASSION those people had in their lives. These are people living in New York City with next to no money, and yet they find a way to live life to its fullest. Half of them have AIDS, and still they find a way to love life. I realize it's a fictional story, but I have no doubt that there are many Marks, Collins, Mimis, and Maureens out living the life of these fictional characters.

While watching the movie, I was filled with passion. Even now, I can still very much feel the passion. But at the same time, I realize that this passion will soon enough leave me. Not that I don't feel passionate about life, and about many things in life. Just that this special kind of passion that I feel after watching / reading / hearing something inspiring leaves me too quickly. If I could just bottle this feeling, and keep the in-spiration for times of des-peration, then I'd have something.

But David, thou dost protest too much.

I hope you're all enjoying this lovely weekend. One more week (not even a full one) and then we get off for Christmas (not winter) break! Our last one as Chi students. Huzzah?!

Namaste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... that does tend to happen. If we have a really fun hangout or something, the next day I wake up with like... a dopamine "hangover" and I'm all pissy like.

But yeah, passion is good... maybe we just don't express it because we don't have the endocrine system for it. Maybe they'll make artificial carotene and dopamine. That would be pretty cool. Then I might actually feel like doing something.

Anonymous said...

BTW... that previous comment was DaveM... I forgot to enter my name.

Anonymous said...

"Our passion are the true phoenixes; when the old one is burnt out, a new one rises from its ashes."

thats hot


on a not smart-sounding note..
that whole passion going away thing is not a bad idea...when i watched the fast and the furious i had this intense desire to buy a car and street race and all that fun stuff.. :-\
seriously, i wish we could keep that kinda feeling too, for when we feel totally uninspired and jaded and reluctant to do ANYTHING :(