Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Halfway: A Review

Well, this break turns out to be 12 days long. And we're currently at day 6. I've therefore concluded by careful deduction that break is halfway over. Shouts of applause. Thank you, thank you.

But seriously, this post is mainly to get some sort of idea of what I've done with the first half of break, and what I'm going to do with the rest of break. Let's begin with the former.

This is going to be a short list. I've gotten about 30 bio questions done from my take home quiz. I've got all but a small part of the calc done. I've read a whole bunch out of my Buddhism books. I've read a lot out of my biomimetics book. I've read a bunch out of a fictional book (because a healthy dose of fiction is always good) called Thumsucker. I've hung out more with family than I normally do. I celebrated Christmas with family and friends. And I've learned how to play a whole song on guitar (aw, yeah, kick ass Invincible).

That's about all the mentionable stuff. On the not worth mentioning (and yet I'm still going to mention) side, I made a MySpace (Sean made me do it in a drug induced stuppor!), listened to lots of music, randomly surfed the web, learned that changing eating habits is harder than it might seem, watched bunches of movies, and sat around wondering what I was doing. Hm, that list almost takes up more space than the "worth mentioning" one.

Anyway, what haven't I done? Read Things Fall Apart, The Stranger or any of the other numerous books I need to for AP English. I haven't finished my Bio or Calc. I haven't hung out with anyone. I haven't solved world hunger. I haven't cured cancer. Well, those last two are just a joke. :)

Well, that about raps up my little review. On further consideration, it would seem that I have accomplished more than I thought. At the same time, there are plenty of things I'd like to do over the next 6 days. And all this time, I feel like I'm treading water. Thank God for this feeling of unease.

I hope you've all enjoyed your six days so far. And may you enjoy your next 6.

Namaste.

No comments: