Thursday, June 22, 2006

You Gotta Eat?

I've noticed a strange phenomena over the past few days. Nothing especially to worry about, just interesting. Over the past few days, I haven't been all that especially hungry. At all. I don't mean that I haven't been eating. I have been, just as much as or more often than I had in the past. In fact, I still eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, like I've read is best (yeah, you know me and reading things about doing things).

Anyway, after the 3 or so hours have passed, I don't feel the hunger that I normally associate with that time. It's like the Pavlovian instinct somehow got killed. I have to "force" myself to (though force is far too strong a word, more like I have to make a conscious decision to) eat. I don't have any problem getting the food down. I just don't really want to eat it.

I'm going to mark this one up to the fact that I am eating regularly. Over the school year, meals can be seperated by five to six hours. That just doesn't happen during the summer. I guess my body just normalizes and gives me the option to not eat.

Then there's also the fact that I'm more or less constantly engaged during the summer. There may be times when I reach a state of overwhelm, but never when I reach a state of boredom. If I'm fully in the "moment," to use a cliche, I don't feel the need to stop that activity and eat.

Interesting. Nothing all that important or profound (especially to someone that's not me), but I just felt like sharing.

You are now free to go about your day.

Namaste.

No comments: