Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Graduation! WTF!

Hm, I think I'd be bereft in my duty of chronicling my life if I failed to mention that the class of 2006 and I graduate in less than four hours. Wow. I remember a year ago looking at Ryan Chominski's xanga and reading, "What the fuck, we're graduationg!"

I feel a little different. It's more like, "What the fuck, we're graduating?" Notice the question mark instead of the exclamation point.

I'm excited in the only way I can be (in a mild way). Everything just doesn't seem aligned right. I don't have the speech I want to give written (the one in my head is so much better), I don't feel like I'm graduating (school tomorrow, right?), and I don't feel like I'm entering a new era.

Maybe I should stop looking at life from the sidelines. Maybe that's why graduation seems so tepid instead of boiling. Maybe.

We're graduating. This is the one and only time in my life that I graduate from High School.

It's time to do this! It's game time!

(Man, I'm such a lame motivational speaker. :) )

Namaste.

No comments: