Sunday, March 12, 2006

(Insert Name Here) Blog

I've been throwing around the idea (read procrastinating) of creating a joint blog that could be used by any of the readers of this blog (all 5 or so of you) to share their ideas on certain topics. I figure this could give people a chance to wet their feet in blogging (if they're at all interested), allow for more balanced content , and show me what other sorts of opinions are out there other than my own.

The rules for this blog would be very loose: you can write about just about anything you want, however you want, whenever you want. You have to be willing to let others criticize you, though. I won't have this turn into an "everything is equally good" fiasco.

I haven't made the blog yet because I haven't come up with a name for it or decided on what name to host it under. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good domain name on a blog noone likes the name of. If you have any suggestions, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment.

Hopefully I'll have this blog up and running within a week. From there, who knows what could happen.

Isn't the "we" space wonderful?

Namaste.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean Blog-ring? If not, maybe I just missread/don't have a clue what you're talking about.

David Darmon said...

No, I don't mean blogring. I mean having just one blog that a bunch of people can post on. With Blogger, you can have a single blog with more than one author.

A blog ring would be an interesting idea, but we already more or less have that (with me making the assumption that we already read each others blogs). My idea involves more of a single blog that allows all of us to bounce ideas off each other in one place. And it could let people that don't normally post on these topics (or at all) to get involved. I think some really cool things could come of it.

Anyway, that's my crazy idea.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...

That makes me think... (and yes LJ has something similar, called a community).

Why don't we just make a forum? That would serve the same purpose, only better, imho.
--
The word of the day si jrgjed.

Anonymous said...

aw that would be cute
go for it man
(i like your idea best) :)