Friday, March 17, 2006

A "Documentary"

Note: I wrote this post last night, but right when I tried to post it, my blog started to experience technical difficulties. Government conspiracy? Maybe. Well, probably not. But I can pretend I'm that important. :)

I spent the majority of this evening watching a documentary on 9/11 here. The premise is really quite intriguing, though I should note that this is definitely a conspiracy theory. I don't know how much water the theory holds, and I'm certainly not saying that all the ideas proposed should be taken as truth.

I know that about 33% of people won't care about this, the other 33% will think it's a stupid liberal plot to make the current government look bad, and the remaining 33% will be intrigued and disgusted by the theory proposed. I, however, am going to take a "fourth way" and look at this documentary as an exercise in taking different perspectives. First off, I was in 8th grade when 9/11 happened, making me 14 at the time. In other words, I was really young, really naive, and only thought to get really pissed off that someone would have the nerve to do something like those attacks to my country. Now, looking back on all this information and news coverage, I'm amazed at how little I actually knew about what happened. I didn't know the second tower to get hit was the first tower to collapse. I didn't know that no wreckage was found from the pentagon plane. I didn't know a lot of these things.

If anything, this documentary offers a mind expanding alternate view of a day we all think we know so well.

If you don't feel like watching the whole hour and twenty minutes of the video, the first 8 or so minutes gives a general overview of the main ideas. I had the time to watch the video, and found it interesting, disturbing, and thought provoking.

Just thought I'd share.

Namaste.

No comments: