Sunday, March 26, 2006

Free Write

I haven't had much time to myself over the past few days, which has been a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing, because I've had to be a participant in the game of life. Bad thing, because when I don't have enough "me" time I tend to get overly zoned out and a little moody.

Life has tons of these dichotomies in them. Life, death. Winning, losing. Day, night. Rich, poor. Excess, asceticism.

The catch is to find the middle path. The value of the mean. The way that can walk both paths without losing either side. The tantra.

I've yet to find that path. I've yet to discover that spell. I'm always way too far to one side or the other. I live life in it's extremes. Yeah, right. I'm extreme...

Take a deep breath. Be in the moment. Then let is all out. Wow, breathing is a dichotomy too. But one that quickly dissolves the barrier between the in breath and the out breath, quickly resolving to simply the breath. Then, suddenly, the breather and the breath dissolve into one, and everything is perfect.

Om mani padme hung.

No comments: