Thursday, February 02, 2006

Karma, eh?

Well, I learned a very important lesson about karma today. Namely that it doesn't work. Or at least, not in the overly simplified, child-like way I thought it should.

You see, I thought that karma meant you do a good deed, you get a good return. You know, a one to one ratio. And preferably, that good return should be made the same day. Can't I except at least that much from God?

But no, that's not how it works. Karma is much, much more complicated than that. I'd point you to my nodes idea again, but I think I may be beating that horse way post mortem. Just think of the butterfly effect, and you have an idea.

So, that's why my day turned out, well, interestingly. Even though I cleared the parking lot of glass. Even though I tried my best to be nice.

But karma still works. I have no doubt about that. Just not in a 1-to-1, linear, temporal way. At least, that's how I see it.

Namaste.

No comments: