Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happiness/Not-Happiness

The illusion of happiness is a weird thing. In fact, I'd say it's one of the weirder things that a human can deal with. Yes, the illusion is real, in the only sense it can be. For example, at this moment, in this second, I'm "happy." I haven't felt not "happy" for quite some time.

However, I realize that this "happiness" is just an illusion. It's just a cloud in the wide blue expanse that is my mind. Happiness floats by. Depression floats by. There's elation. There's lust. There's hate. And they all float by, just clouds in the expanse that IS.

So, happiness is a really cool illusion. I can feel happy. Or I can feel not-happy. In the end, it's the same thing. It's all just a dream, a technicolor, multi-dimensional dream. When will I awake? When will this joke abate?

Maybe it's my karma, my dharma that this moment in time, I'm caught up in the dream. Maybe my "alarm" will go off in a second, in an hour, in a year, in another lifetime. Maybe never.

But the alarm is on. And God's set the timer.

I think that She's set the timer for all of us. We all have our own personal bedside Alarm Clock that will ring when we're ready. And then we'll stare at this Magic Eye illusion of reality and see it for what it really is: emptiness. And then He'll laugh, with us, not at us, that we've fallen for his joke for so long. We'll all get together and have a big, happy party, when we realize that it's all just been a dream. When we realize that we're all one in consciousness. The conscioiusness that wrote these words is the same as the consciousness that reads these words (that's you, me, we, all). The only thing that seperates us is our karma, a slight smudge on our Original Face.

The face you had before your parents were born. The face you had before the Big Bang. The face you had...

That Face is smiling. Because it's ???????

Namaste.

No comments: