Wednesday, February 08, 2006

An Existential Headache

I've been feeling very strange lately. Sort of a mix between an overly big ego and the urge to kill it. Yeah, strange. I feel great, but at the same time, I feel drained.

I'm starting to think a major part of my exhaustion has to do with school. Senior year is more than half way done, which means we don't really do anything in school. Basically, we just go through the motions. I haven't learned anything all that striking since about December. And the cesspool of knowledge that was once creatively flowing is killing me. Everyone agrees that Calculus is bad, but I'm starting to get bored in English Lit, Physics and Bio, too. Add to that Honors Science and Senior Sem, and suddenly the day seems more like a chore. A really annoying, boring chore that I don't feel like going through everyday.

On that note, I do love the social aspect. I feel like I've been more socially active this year than ever before. But that's such a small, small part of school. Everything else is really pulling me down.

I guess it's up to me to make the "boring" classes less so. Doodling, random writing, anything it takes to make the time seem like less of a waste. I just wish that school would be entertaining through it's own merit. I guess that's too much to ask.

Hah, I haven't bitched in a while on here. And this isn't so much of a bitch as just an explanation of how I feel. I guess most other Seniors probably feel the same way.

Here's to June 13th. Though I know I'll miss this place the moment I'm not a student in it anymore. But until then, I want the hell out.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hear hear
thats all i can really say