Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Bajillion and One Ideas (Start at 1)

I have about a billion post ideas that I could write about now. So, I'm going to start at the first one, and then work my way through them, hopefully, as the day goes on. Though more often than not, when I say that the ideas just kind of fall to the wayside and never get communicated. They go to that great big Idea Heaven in the Sky.

First topic: mediocrity. It comes back to what I said in my third post ever. The idea is that somehow, speaking for myself at least, I'm not really living. I mean, I get up in the morning, and I "live." But living is truly an art, and to play the piano is not to be a pianist. You have to know how to make the instrument sing. Same thing here. Living is an artform, and some make their lives sing, while others don't. I want to make mine sing.

This thought came up from this article. If you read the first few paragraphs and the last few, you'll get the main, and best, jist of the articles important ideas. It's so true. For me, at least.

One idea down. Billion minus one to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE this is the weirdest thing ever.. i was like JUST thinking about that...i swear im not bsing you.. like all i did yesterday was play vice city and watch tv...im such a loser...but anyways, YEAH i so totally was pondering that...like omg lol... now what i want to know is what else to do!
oh yeah, btw, how do you find that stuff? those articles you always have? it amazes me

Anonymous said...

First off... who the fuck is that dude? Anyways, yeah. Getting life to sing can suck. Although I'd like to suggest that you open up your mind to things that you consider to be a waste of time and take them for what they really are; a tool of entertainment. Start setting time aside for enjoyment or else you'll create a realm where you are a slave to yourself and don't really understand if you have control of your life. You may compromise a few brain cells but in the grand scheme of things, you'll have a healthier brain because it'll love you.

Anonymous said...

excuse me dave
now i feel like a total idiot
:(
im never commenting again