Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stream of Concsiouness (SOC)

It's Tuesday evening. But I suppose you all know that. It feels so much like a Saturday or a Sunday. Or any day but today. But I suppose when you step outside of time, crazy shit like that happens. No, seriously, try it sometime. Cover up all the clocks in your house, don't look at the computer clock, and just live. It's f'ing amazing what happens. Seriously. It's like time stretches out for you; suddenly, a drought of time becomes a lake. All because you live in the moment.

And living in the moment is nothing if you don't pay attention. Do like Thoreau did. Don't die only to realize that you haven't lived. Wouldn't that be the BIGGEST bitch. Sitting their on your death bed, your life clock ticking to zero, and then realizing you haven't done anything you wanted to. Why? Because you were too scared, it wasn't the right time, you were too tired. What a bunch of BS reasoning. How much of the stuff we come up with is just bs reasoning for not living. How many lives go to waste because of our BS?

And while I'm at it, have you ever really thought about what you're here to do? I mean, do with a capital D. Or as Buckminster Fuller put it, "What's your job on Spaceship Earth with a capital J?" I don't know half the time. Do you?

Well, my stream of consciouness is trickling to an end. Turning into emptiness. Wow, it's funny how doing this CALMS the mind down. One might think it'd have the opposite effect. But it doesn't. Suddenly, there's gaps in my thoughts. Gaps that I have to try and fill. Always trying to fill. Damn, this is better than meditation could ever be. GAP. GAP.

And now normal, non-stream of consciouness, sensoring Dave is back. I just thought I'd give you something fun (if crazy) to chew on. Since I haven't posted in a while. Bad me. BAD.

I hope you all enjoyed your day off. And if you were able to vote (unlike me, who sucked at registering [though I AM registered now]) did. God bless Democracy, I say!

Namaste. Om.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring

Barx Atthemoon, Warden of Tunare said...

Makes Sense. Indeed. It Happens. Indubitably.

Seriously... human life is ruled by the clock and the percieved motion of the sun. Think about it... on a dreary day, you feel dreary; on a sunny day, you feel a little more upbeat. And yet we don't directly rely on how present the sun is during any given day.

As for time... we don't really understand it. We can try and mark it up into periods of time that we understand, but we don't actually get time.
Think about a callendar. Its divided up into months; no such thing truly exists, its just there to help us understand the passage of time. Same as years, although that has a little better basis, and our system of numbering them. BCE, CE? AD, BC? All made up.
And yet we don't really divide up our actions into months. We divide our feelings and perceptions into periods regulated by... holidays. Yep, also made up. Sure, some are real (Equinoxes, Solstices -- not that we really celebrate those, we just mark them as a footnote to an otherwise ordinary day), but almost all have been created by man at some point or another. Why? It gives people a light at the end of the tunnel... 'Oh, Christmas is tomorrow, I don't feel so bad now,' even though Christmas, too, is a made-up holliday (not to mention comercialized-the-hell-outa-it).

And with that I'm done.