Saturday, October 22, 2005

Free Time Yields Some Thoughts

I suddenly find myself with tons (3 more hours) of free times thanks to Divine Providence. Wooh.

So, I'll post on some of those ideas that I eluded to previously. Let's see.

First one: Homecoming Dance. I had a surprising amount of fun. As in, I don't think I've ever had fun at a normal dance before [meaning I had fun at my Junior Prom], but I did yesterday. Of course, the conditions were just like normal: bad music, lots of people, nothing much to do. Instead of letting that get to me, I just hung out with some good people and made fun. Of course, people still tried to get me to "dance." I humored them with my Dave Curlett "seizuring dance" that I picked up from my brother my Freshman year. Always comes in handy.

It's funny how people react to someone sitting down on the dance floor and meditating. With about 15 minutes to go, I was getting tired. So I sat down, closed my eyes, and just kinda breathed (aka meditated). You'd be surprised by the number of people that came up to me and asked, "Are you okay." I smiled and responded kindly, "Of course. Just felt like sitting." Thinking back on it, I probably looked high or something. Then again, mellow people always looks as if they've just smoked the Reefer. That whole experience was fun [the sitting down, not the smoking of the Reefer. :) ].

Now to the closed-mindedness. Mrs. Hanobeck apparently thinks I'm closed-minded because I think that the dialect in There Eyes Were Watching God is Ebonics. I don't see how that makes me closed-minded. Just because I'm not Politically Correct Man doesn't make me Racist Bigot Man. PC people aren't any fun anyway. Unless you get them drunk. Then that's a different situation completely.

Well, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of this Saturday. The rest that I still have.

To the Guitar!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, I just think it's so funny that Mrs. Hanobeck thinks you're close-minded. She probably thinks you smite black people in your spare time or something. Oh well... at least you have her maternity leave/aka the arrival of Ms. Shulman to look forward to! Yippy!