Friday, October 07, 2005

Dances, Villanova, and a Free Day

Hello there. I'm trying to make my titles more vague and less, well, tacky. Therefore the more open, general titles instead of "Wow, life's great!" or "Man, life sucks!" I personally was running out of original titles [I guess those aren't really original...]. So I'm switching my format. Just so you know. :)

Anyway, I went to the Hurricane Katrina Relief Dance yesterday. Let me say, it was a smash. Bravo to all National Honors Society members, Tri-M members, parents, teachers, custodians, DJs and administrators that made it work. Isn't it amazing just how many people were necessary to make something seemingly so simple work out? Simply amazing.

Though the dance went well, I personally didn't have too much fun. That's nothing new. Dances + Me = Not Fun Time. The only "dance" I've ever had fun at was the Junior Prom. I can honestly say I enjoyed myself that night.

I could try and figure out why I don't have fun, and maybe I will at some later date. But for now I'll narrow it down to the music. Rap, which may be used for noble purposes, tends to just be about sex or drugs, usually in combination. Now, it's good for dancing to because if it's "beats". Admittedly, "white" music isn't conducive to dancing. Therefore why white folk turn to alcohol / drugs at parties. You can't dance to white music sober, so some artificial potion does the trick. Heh. I guess I won't be having fun at any parties anytime soon considering my dislike of dancing / drugs-alcohol. Oh well. I'll just stick to having fun with nice conversations, interesting activities, etc.

Now to Villanova. Went there today. It was really fun. Other than it taking up most of my "free" day. :) But that's okay. Villanova has this cool philosophy of combining "heart and mind." Sounds a lot like the Buddhist principle of Big Mind / Big Heart. I like it. So what if it's "a Roman Catholic" institute.

Plus, they apparently have a great science program there. At least, Mr. O, Mr. Hess, and Mr. Hagan have all hyped it up. And let's face it, I'm going into sciences. Whether I like it or not.

That's all there is to say. I might just have a free day tomorrow if Kenny's right. That's a blessing and a curse (like most things in life). I really could use the free time to get some work done.

Or maybe enjoy myself.

In the meantime, you all enjoy yourselves.

Bye.

1 comment:

Barx Atthemoon, Warden of Tunare said...

Yeah. These free days really help with the sanity and all (you know, fighting it off, heh).

And 10 points for you, McClung, Brian and me for walking a mile on the track in dress shoes during the dance. Now thats noteworthy.