Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dear Diary, Mood: Apathetic. My life is spiralling downward...

Well, not really. But if you haven't heard "The Emo Song," you really should check it out. It's funny. It's the type of biting satire that hurts so much because it's so true. That's our generation: the pampered whiny-mcwhine kids that can't make a difference in the world because we're too caught up in being depressed to do anything about it.

But don't despair, I didn't bring up the emo song for no reason! It's a segway to my next topic: namely, the lostness I've been feeling in my own life. Which segways into my next topic: an explanation as to my lack of posting as of late. I don't think I've posted a real, well thought out, original post for over a week.

It's not so much that I'm bored, or tired, or any of those draining emotions (though I am all of them), but more a lack of, I don't know, the will to do anything "important." And the lack of will mainly stems from the lack of a "why" to do things.

The more I think about this post, the more I realize that it's going to turn into a sad, slightly less pitiful version of the emo song. Let's suffice it to say that I'm perfectly happy right now, but I just feel like something is missing. But then again, maybe the (w)hole is supposed to be there. Interesting thought.

This still doesn't count as a thoughtful, real post. Maybe I'll come up with one of those over the weekend.

In the meantime, consider that a peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Amazing!

Namaste.

No comments: