Sunday, January 08, 2006

Aquatic Apes, Eh? Sounds like a Video Game!

I came across an interesting theory known as the Aquatic Ape Theory (or AAT for short). It basically says that humans originally came from ancestors that spent a majority of their time in water. For a full explanation, see a Wikipedia article here.

Why am I posting on this? (a) Because I find wacked out, alternative theories like this interesting to think about and (b) I find it interesting humans are one of the few types of land mammals that are capable of consciously controlling their breathing.

Go figure, controlling my breathing is something I take for granted. And my dog can't do it. Amazing. Must be why dogs don't meditate. :)

Of course, take this theory with a grain of salt. If anything, it's worth a chuckle. Plus, it's damn creative. I know I wouldn't have thought of it.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool... I didn't know that controlling my breath was something that like... dude.