Thursday, June 09, 2005

Cha Cha Cha Changes

Well, the last real day of Junior year is tomorrow. Thank God is all I can really think to say!

And all this can't but help me think about changes. No big change for us this year. We'll all be back next year at Chichester High School, although Seniors this time. That's right, real seniors, the head of the school. Shiver.

But then comes college, before we even know it. In fact, I can see me a year from now formulating my Graduation speech, thinking about leaving Chi and striking out on my own. Heck, I already am, in a strange, metaphysical kind of way.

And who's that kid gonna be? Who are we all going to be? Will s/he (that's for your, Ms. Shulman!!!) really be anyone different? I know that s/he'll be "different" in the experiences s/he's had, but other than that, not really. We'll all be basically who we are now, because that person doesn't change.

So, isn't it amazing that the more things change, the more they stay the same?

No comments: