Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just Figured...

I'd post something since it's been so long.

Chichester High School had its first marching band competition yesterday. We got a 63.something. We did pretty good. I watched the show. Looks like a pretty normal first competition show. We have plenty of time (well, 2 months) to make it better.

I've become infatuated with Switchfoot. I don't know what it is. Well, yes I do. I love their lyrics. They seem to sing about all the things I think about. How the world can be so ugly and yet so beautiful. All at the same time. They seem to voice all the thoughts that I've ever had. It's crazy.

And best of all, they're not the usual bitchy type of alt-rock band. You know, the ones that go "Man, my life sucks. My girlfriend left me, and I'm a loser. Let me think about killing myself." No, they acknowledge that life sucks sometimes, but then they dare you to move.

And on that same theme, why listen to a song about killing yourself? Especially if it's over something little (aka ANYTHING that happens to you in your teenage years)? I mean, come on. The world's a big place, and there's more than enough to keep you entertained for a long. Ass. Time.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Tell that to me about 7 months ago. But I've grown up a little since then. Just a little though. :)

Well, I've now checked in. Hope you all enjoy this beautiful Sunday. And it's supposed to get more beautiful. Yay!

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn right, to hell with Good Charlette!