Friday, September 09, 2005

Hiya Folks

Don't have anything much to say. One week down of school, and it feels like I've been there since forever. But then again, I have spent three years of my life there.

I read this discussion of philosophy that called it an amalgam of love and wisdom. I like that idea. It gels with how I feel about it. Wisdom by itself is great and all, but unless mixed with loving action, it's not too cool. If something seems loving but not wise, don't do it. If something seems wise but not loving, don't do it. By this simple tenet, one can base a life.

Football game tonight. Excitement. Yeah, that was sarcasm (we did an exercise in AP English where we did tone, and I was supposed to be sarcastic. Nobody thought I was. :) )

Enjoy your first weekend off. And remember to dance with life.

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh."
–Nietzche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

No comments: